Welcome to the BVPRBB site!
PRBB Beach Volleyball is back!
IN ORDER TO REGISTER YOU TEAM PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1 - Pre-registration (March 6th to 12th)
· Pre-register your team by:
1) Filling the required information in the online form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1C5ZREhTYp38bVBLZ_pVSUFbI-is1KSkT09HXVqh...)
2) Creating a new user on the website (https://www.bvprbb.org/user).
- Each team needs its own user with a unique email registration (the captain's email address). The same email address cannot be used to register more than a team. Use different addresses for teams in different categories.
- Only PRBB and ex-PRBB residents are allowed to register and participate in the championship. External participants will not be accepted.
- There will be 3 categories: 6x6, 4x4 and 2x2. Each category will be subdivided into different leagues. One participant can only be registered in one team per category. The number of participants that can be registered in a team for each category goes as follows:
· At least 6 participants can register in 6x6 teams. There is no limit of registered participants for this category.
· At least 4 and up to 10 participants in 4x4 teams.
· Only the 2 participants in 2x2 teams.
- Teams will be accepted after the submitted information is reviewed in a first-come-first-served basis. Once the limit of accepted teams is reached, a waiting list will be created with the rest of pre-registered teams and they will be notified if a spot has been freed for them.
· After pre-registering on the website, the team status will remain "PENDING ADMIN APPROVAL" until the next step is completed.
STEP 2 - Registration and payments (March 13th and 14th from 1pm to 3pm at Ramón y Cajal room)
· Formalise the registration by:
- Delivering the disclaimer document signed by the captain on behalf of the whole team.
- Payments (40€ 6x6; 30€ 4x4; 12€ 2x2, cash only!)
· After registration is completed the team's user will be activated in the website and will receive an e-mail notification containing instructions on how to log in and other information.
March 6th-12th: Pre-registration
March 13th and 14th (from 1pm to 3pm): Payments to formalize registration at Ramón y Cajal room
March 27th: First matches
July 14th: Final matches and Summer Party
40€ 6x6; 30€ 4x4; 12€ 2x2.
All payments are managed by La ORG.
Championship format and rules:
· There will be 3 categories: 6x6, 4x4 and 2x2.
· For each category, the championship consists of 3 phases:
1) Qualifying Round: Initial matches out of random matchmaking. The results will determine the formation of level-adjusted leagues.
2) Regular Season:
-Depending on how things go, we have several options:
i. Continue with the tournament as usual (Within each league, every team will play against other teams once. Score points in each match will determine the ranking at the end of this phase and the matchmaking for the next phase (e.g. 1st vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th, etc.)
ii. After the QR, the two first teams of each group classify and the two last ones are eliminated, reducing to the half the number of teams and matches for the RS
iii. After the QR, all teams classify and we do a one-day tournament on the weekend.
3) Playoffs: Elimination rounds that will determine the best teams in each league from the three categories.
· The usual distribution of matches along the weekdays will be the following:
- Mondays & Wednesdays: 6x6 matches
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: 4x4 matches
- Fridays: 2x2 matches
****We will try to start the tournament with the format of the past editions, however we might be forced to adapt our schedule due to the new law of Barcelona's Beaches sports regulation.
· The usual schedule for the matches will be from 6pm to 7-8pm. Rescheduling will be possible as long as there is an agreement between both teams.
· At any time during the game (for all categories) it is mandatory to have mix-gender teams. In the 4x4, this means 50% male and 50% female participants playing at the same time. In the 6x6, when playing, there should be at least 2 male and 2 female participants. Still, in both cases, the whole team can be composed of different percentages. For more information, see the Rules section (https://bvprbb.org/node/140)
If you are interested in receiving news about the upcoming Beach Volleyball PRBB Tournaments and not to lose any vital information for this and other events organised by La ORG, please fill in your preferred email address here: https://forms.gle/np8ab1givePBULRS8
Stay tuned, spread the word all around PRBB and follow us on Instagram (@bvprbb)!!!
For any burning question you might have, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.